Sunday, November 21, 2004

3 in the North

Bill & I shot 3 in the North. The morning was very slow, could have shot some teal but due to how quick they dart in and out I said I wouldnt shoot them unless they were on the water. Then we had a group of about 12 dive bomb us which we didnt shoot at until one came back around and landed on the water. Bammo, done! From there we had a single Drake Mallard work the pond came over 35 yards, one shot Bammo got'em. The next drake was all Bills as he was very ancious to warm up his barrel, true to form,,, bammo toast. The next drake came over us 40 yards flying very fast,,, I doubled up my lead, bammo toast. Intersting to note it was a single pellet under the chin that brought him down and no other pellet marks were any where on the bird.

3 Drake Mallards and one Drake Greenwing Teal.

We did not pass up any Mallards we shold have had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home